Thank you for your interest in renting a home that is professionally managed by Bruce Croskey Real Estate. Below you will find the instructions and criteria required when submitting a rental application. It is important that you read the information below prior to submitting an application to understand what is required for renting the property. If you have further questions, please contact one of our leasing agents at (925) 219-8488
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of the U.S. Policy for the Achievement of Equal Housing Opportunity throughout the Nation. We encourage and support a program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Handicap, Familial Status, or National Origin.
Most applications are processed in 2-3 business days. However, it can take longer. You can help speed up the process by putting your current employer and current and past Landlords on notice that we will be contacting them.
No rental property will be held vacant for more than two (2) weeks, unless approved by Bruce Croskey Real Estate Applications submitted more than 2 weeks before the advertised available date may be held. Contact Bruce Croskey Real Estate for more information.
We will send you a link so that you may monitor the status of your application.
It is Bruce Croskey Real Estate's policy not to discriminate against any person because of that person’s race, color, creed or religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, military status, handicap, disability, or any other protected status. You may ask Bruce Croskey Real Estate to consider any reasonable accommodation or modification you need because of a disability. Click here to download a Reasonable Accommodation / Modification Request FormEmail the form to firstname.lastname@example.org Please allow 5 business days for a response.
Anyone 18 years of age or older must submit a rental application.
Bruce Croskey Real Estate only processes applications after receipt of a completed application. A completed application includes submitting the online Tenant Application form for all household members, submitting proof of income documents, Rental History, and paying the application fee. It is the Applicant’s responsibility to provide supporting documents and fee.
All Applicants must see the interior of the property before an application will be processed. The property must be accepted in “AS-IS” condition before an application can be accepted, except where there is written agreement for maintenance or repair items. Verbal representations are non-binding. In the event that the manager receives two or more unrelated applications for the same property, the Applicant understands the Landlord may select the Applicant desiring the property in “AS IS” condition over another Applicant requesting maintenance or repairs (this does not apply if the request is related to accessibility accommodations).
The following occupancy standards apply based on 2 persons per bedroom, plus one per home. 1 Bedroom = 3 Persons; 2 Bedroom = 5 Persons; 3 Bedroom = 7 Persons; 4 Bedroom = 9 Persons; 5 Bedroom = 11 Persons. These occupancy standards do not apply to anyone protected under the Federal Fair Housing Guidelines as they relate to familial status. Familial status is defined as “one or more individuals (who have not attained the age of 18 years) being domiciled with a parent or another person having legal custody of such individual or individuals; or the designee of such parent or other person having such custody, with the written permission of such parent or other person. The protections afforded against discrimination on the basis of familial status shall apply to any person who is pregnant or is in the process of securing legal custody of any individual who has not attained the age of 18 years.” Bruce Croskey Real Estate reserves the right, however, to limit occupancy in unique situations due to the physical limitations of the property (for example, limitation of the building’s sewer and electrical systems) and state and local building codes that impose their own set of minimum space requirements per occupant.
All Applicants who will be responsible for paying rent must be listed as tenants on the lease, be 18 years of age or older and pay the nonrefundable Application Fee ($40 per person except as prohibited by law). All occupants 18 years of age or older who will live in the property but will not be responsible for the rent, must be included in the Application, pay the nonrefundable Application Fee ($40 per person except as prohibited by law) and are required to be listed on the lease as occupants. Occupants who are younger than 18 years of age at the time that you complete the Application do not need to pay the application fee, but are required to be listed on the lease as occupants.
We will request a credit report on all applicants to verify credit worthiness. We require a minimum average combined credit score for all Applicants of 500 or above (for example, if one applicant’s score is 480 and the other applicant’s score is 560, the combined average credit score is 520); however, we do not disqualify tenants solely for not having a credit history.
- Please note: If the average combined credit score for all Applicants is between 500 and 550, we will require payment of security deposit and first and last month’s rent prior to move-in.
A criminal background check will be conducted for each applicant and occupant aged 18 years or more. A conviction for the illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance is cause for an automatic denial of an application. Criminal convictions relating to violent acts, crimes of dishonesty or breach of trust or matters of similar nature or severity may be cause for denial of an application. In addition to the nature and severity of the conviction, Landlord will consider factors including, without limitation, the amount of time that has passed since the relevant conviction and whether such conviction could reasonably be deemed to be indicative of a potential risk to safety and/or property.
Our standard income approval requires applicants to provide proof of verifiable gross household monthly income of at least 3 times the rental amount. Total rent payment per month cannot be more than 33.33% of the applicants’ combined gross monthly income. Standard approval applicants will only need to pay security deposit and first month’s rent prior to move-in.
- Please note: Applicants who do not meet the standard requirement but can provide proof of verifiable gross household monthly income of at least 2.5 times the rental amount can be conditionally approved. Total rent payment per month for conditionally approved applicants cannot be more than 40% of the applicants’ combined gross monthly income. Conditionally approved applicants will need to pay security deposit and first and last month’s rent prior to move-in.
If your most recent residence is a rental property, you will need to provide a copy of the lease agreement and one of the following: (i) six months of banks statements showing monthly rental payments, (ii) six months of canceled rent checks or (iii) six months of rent payment receipts. Applicants who are unable to verify recent rental payments will be required to pre-pay last month’s rent prior to move-in.
- Please note: Proof of rental payments does not apply to applicants who owned their own home for the 6 months prior to the lease term.
A guarantor will be required for applicants that are students or who cannot provide proof of verifiable income, but otherwise meet all other application requirements. Guarantor must meet the following requirements:
- Credit – Credit score of 650 or higher
- Income – Income is at least 4 times the rent
Guarantors are restricted to family members who assume responsibility for all payments pursuant to the Lease.
You are required to disclose in your application all pets that will reside in the property. Pets will be approved on a case-by-case basis.
Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, Staffordshire Terriers, German Shepherds and Dobermans are not permitted on any Premises and we have the right to restrict other breeds or specific animals at our sole discretion.
- Pets are subject to pet rent and pet deposit. Pet rent and deposit does not apply to service animals* or for small caged animals.
- A service animal is any animal that assists a person with a physical or mental impairment. A service animal is not a pet.
- A resident may not keep more than two 30-gallon or larger aquariums in the home
- Applicants must provide a photograph and veterinary records showing that vaccinations are current for each pet
- Resident(s) will abide by the rules and regulations of any applicable Homeowners’ Association (HOA) as it relates to pet and breed restrictions.
Bruce Croskey Real Estate processes all applications on a first-come, first-served basis. We base our decision on standard criteria including rental and credit history, ability to pay rent and background check results. Bruce Croskey Real Estate will decline applicants for any of the following:
- Prior Evictions within four (4) years of application
- Average combined credit score for all Applicants is below 500
- Identity cannot be verified
- Income cannot be verified
- No open bankruptcies
- Insufficient income – Verifiable gross household monthly income of at least 2.5 times the rental amount. Total rent payment per month cannot be more than 40% of the applicants’ combined gross monthly income
- Any landlord collection in the past 5 years
- A conviction for the illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance in the past 5 years
- Registered Sex Offenders
- Misrepresentation(s) or falsifications of application